Sunday, October 11, 2015

Who I am.

I was the kid who was extremely attached to their parents. It got to the point where I could not go to school without crying because I missed my mom too much. With this constant fear of the separation from my parents, I was isolated from my environment and friends. I couldn’t have sleepovers or even go to summer camps. This fear led to many others, making me prominently hesitant to try new things and profoundly anxious, and perpetually had me running from my problems. When I finally outgrew these impediments, I was able to become closer to my friends and found myself becoming less reliant on my parents. This struggle in my life has ultimately made me who I am. It has enabled me to overcome many fears I continue to find within myself. I now understand that being afraid of things is what prohibits me from living my life and results in missed opportunities.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe we have been friends since Kindergarten. I remember the days when you couldn't sleep over, but I also remember the days that you could. I have loved growing up with you, seeing you become more independent and mature. I'm lucky to have you been by my side for all these years and many more to come. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have grown and changed and even though you used to be that girl you have overcome that. I think if your life didn't start out that way, you wouldn't have been able to learn and grow. You will continue to grow and change throughout you're adult life and it's great that you don't let those obstacles get you down.

    ReplyDelete